Originally Posted by CNC-Dude #5585
Looks like Patrick's may have withered away as well...where does the time go?

If you're referring to Patrick's in AZ, he's been gone for a while and Mother Trucker Trucks in AZ (JoeM) pretty much picked up after him but not sure exactly what he carries. If anyone would like JoeM's email, ping me in a PM and I'll provide it to you. This is also something I would probably call Jim Carter and speak with either Jim or John, either of them will most likely know and possibly where you can get parts if they can't get them for you.

JoeM is a standup person, in my experience. I purchased a ring/pinion from him for my '46 to convert the torque tube over to 355:1, and was sitting on those for about a year when I switched plans and decided to use a '55 Series 2 rear axle so I could swap the trans to an open driveshaft. He exchanged them for me to a 3.38:1 set for the Series 2 and didn't charge me. And some irony in how me and Joe met, we were both run off from the VCCA Forums for discussing swapping a ring/pinion in my '46, they told us that was supposed to go in the forum where "Hot Rods" would post. Both of us banned without even a PM from the moderator, no warning, nothing...Joe was actually more furious about it than I was, if that is even possible... blush

I would give JoeM a call first, to see if he could help, and Jim Carter after that. Joe might have the rods you need. Short of those suggestions, I'd go to the H.A.M.B. as that's where you find the guys that would be doing this type of stuff to their 270. I could be off there though...But the few folks here that tried to help you are some of the others that would know, so the H.A.M.B. may not be of any more help.

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup