Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Drive Train
Jump to new posts Re: Gmc 270 and powerglide? by Blackwater @ Today at 06:28 AM

The old Hydramatics that we rebuilt in the late seventies and early eighties were out of Caddys and Oldsmobiles. I helped my cousin who owned and ran a large transmission repair facility and then moved on to a specialty rebuilder that did mostly rac
Hi Performance
Thanks, lots of useful ideas in that.
Engines
Jump to new posts Re: 250, should I switch to a 292 exhaust manifold? by Lifeguard @ Yesterday at 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By: ACH57Mine is an aftermarket replacement. Ok, that's the experience people seem to have with those. Manifold lineup, at least with the Offy, takes some extra work to make it work. I haven't run into anyone talking about insta
Chapter News
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 Inliners Convention Info by nln6pinto @ 01/16/18 07:04 PM

Due to circumstances beyond our control we have had to make some changes to Monday and Fridays scheduled events. We will not going to Az Snowbowl on Monday. Instead we have moved the visit to the Lowell Observatory to Monday afternoon.This will actua
MOPAR
Jump to new posts Re: Slant Six drag race by Ray Bell @ 01/16/18 04:35 AM

That's why the Hemi 6 was used here... Some of them are pulling nearer 450hp naturally aspirated. With aftermarket heads they get more than that. And they weigh much less than a slant.
Engines
Jump to new posts Re: 292 Swap into 1955 Pontiac by vanherk1 @ 01/15/18 12:44 PM

Got the pics, looks like you have side mounts set up nicely. I'm wondering if a standard sbc mounting kit would work in tandem with something like Tom Lowe's adapter plate for the passenger side mounting.
Engines
Jump to new posts Re: Water pump pulley by radar @ 01/14/18 10:23 PM

Take a look at the Nov/Dec 2017 issue of The 12 Port News, Page 20, Tech Questions. Roger Whitley is asking for help with a heating problem on a 57 Chevy Truck with a 261 engine. Pat Smith gives a good rundown on heating problem causes and what might
Hi Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Cross Flow Head 250 292 by Shiozaki @ 01/14/18 02:44 PM

New Year new info?
Engines
Jump to new posts Re: 261 rebuild by mdonohue05 @ 01/14/18 12:28 PM

Absolutely correct. The gentleman who showed me how that job is correctly done was Jim Fox who ran the Frantic Ford Mustang funny car, and John “Radar” Henry, both out of the famous east coast K&G Speed Associates machine shop. Jim fox was a ma
Ford
Jump to new posts Roof 101 Cyclone recreation: how cool is that? by stock49 @ 01/14/18 11:29 AM

Greetings . . . I came across this site during a recent surf: Lots of cool Ford A/B goodies including this Roof F-head conversion: More details at their website here Secrets of Speed The craftsmanship is exemplary - quality bits in every
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact by Woogeroo @ 01/13/18 02:50 PM

Thank you for the replies everyone. I took the fuse out and checked the clips for wiggle, they seem solid. I don't know if the fuse itself was cracked before or broke when I removed it, as it was REALLY in there on the right hand side of the panel,
Hi Performance
Jump to new posts Re: Harper, throttle linkage by jalopy45 #4899 @ 01/13/18 09:03 AM

I've been thru all the past MB photos and they have all been using the carbs as 3 2bbl's. The harper uses the 97's split between the butterflies so each side of the carb operates independently giving 2 3bbl's with progressive linkage between the 2 s
Who's Online
1 registered (stock49), 43 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CobraAviTek, MizzMarz, jeffery_1965, Figueiredo, JMann
6038 Registered Users