Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engines
Jump to new posts Re: unusual problem adjusting valves on a 292 by CNC-Dude #5585 @ Today at 12:58 PM

That was also our procedure for prepping the pumps. Make sure you debur the gears on the face where they mesh into each other as well as the top and bottom side where they meet the pump body and the pump cover plate. Once you disassemble yours, you w
MOPAR
Jump to new posts Re: Haroer Intakes by panic @ Today at 12:06 PM

I agree, just from pictures the linkage looks like aircraft quality jewelry.
Engines
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeeving a 261 by mdonohue05 @ Today at 07:58 AM

I agree. Those 235/261 blocks are pretty good castings, not much core shift at least in my experience. Others may have a different experience with these motors, mine is that they are good reliable castings capable of multiple rebuilds. The cranks a
Drive Train
Jump to new posts Uneven Front Disk Braking by radar @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

My passenger side disk brake grabs and slides the tire on quick stops. The driver side does not slide and the car does not pull to right. The disks are 11 inch GM Metric/Mustang II on a 40 Chevy. They have been on the car for 5 years and have been wo
Blown and Injected
Jump to new posts Re: Hacking together EFI on an Pontiac OHC Six by TheSilverBuick @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

I've discussed it on other boards. There are a few options out there, even getting someone to notch one to clear probably wouldn't be that hard. I'm contemplating a few things. With the turbo and exhaust locations it is more difficult to access the
Engines
Jump to new posts Re: GM 4 cylinders 151 153 181 by Blackwater @ 04/18/18 04:34 AM

Yeah!! I'd like to talk to him whether he wants to sell it or not!! How 'bout it, Impala???
Engines
Jump to new posts Re: Will a 250 cam work in a 292? by will6er @ 04/17/18 07:05 PM

I'm right in the middle of this situation. I think it's easier and cheaper to replace the cam than modify the 250 cam. Will Willis
Bench racing
Jump to new posts Re: Harper Intakes by jalopy45 #4899 @ 04/16/18 08:35 PM

I guess Photobucket wants money so I can use my pictures. If you click on this link there is 4 or 5 pictures of the intake you can toggle thru. http://s29.photobucket.com/user/jalopy45/media/20180416_201014_zpsltmkuwnl.jpg.html
Tech Tips
Nice fitment. That design shades the entire length of the windshield without interfering with the rear-view mirror. And the pivots allow one to shade the side-glass when cruising parallel to the sun . . . Rust-Oleum makes aerosol paint for vinyl/
Drive Train
Jump to new posts Re: front suspension by THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER @ 04/16/18 09:56 AM

A little less exotic than the Jag, and way more popular around here are front suspensions from Ford Crown Vics and Merc Grand Marqius'. I'm not sure of your track width, but it may be close enough, with the proper wheel backset. These units also have
Engines
Jump to new posts Re: vacuum not steady at idle by jrinaman @ 04/15/18 06:20 PM

vacuum leaks fixed but needle still bounced 18-21. did run better though. adjusting valves and lifters seemed too week and couldn't adjust enough to stop the clattering. replaced them and found the ball from one of the pushrods smashed and laying the
Who's Online
2 registered (stock49, davesf85), 62 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
brymcfly, suville, js0k, Christopher Ficenec, Steve Odell
6057 Registered Users