Rate Thread
#65580 07/16/11 12:24 PM
V
VStock Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
V
Is someone making headers for the Chevy 194-230-250-292? I am aware of Clifford - they used to make a wide selection to fit specific bodies, but now only make a couple of generic headers.
I have a set of older Clifford Headers fo a full size Chevy, and a set of Hooker headers for a Camaro. but I am planning on building a 67 Chevelle. I am capable of building my own but would like to buy some to get started.
If no one is building headers, would it be worth setting up to build them? How much of a market is there?
Oh, and if someone has a 67 Chevelle for sale, please let me know.

VStock #65584 07/16/11 04:59 PM
R
Newcomer
Newcomer
R
Does anyone have an Offenhouser (or similar) intake manifold for sale that will fit a Ford 300 inline six?

Rocket #65585 07/16/11 05:21 PM
G
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
G
Go to the Ford section. The man is asking about hedders for a Chevy six. You make all of us from Iowa look stupid.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
You can also put a ad in the swap meet section.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
Twisted6 #65591 07/16/11 10:30 PM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
The camaro headers should fit the Chevelle.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

R
Newcomer
Newcomer
R
Gordo, I did make a mistake in posting in the wrong place. I do know the difference in a Ford and a Chevy. I do know how to spell "headers". You didn't. I do have compassion for those new at the forum. You don't. Your tactfulness, caring, and understanding nature is the type of attitude that would keep people from wanting to use this forum. If people know they are going to get criticized for posting they will be reluctant to post. I am not a great mechanic and was looking for a place to learn. My apologies to all the great mechanics in Iowa who have helped me learn a lot if my post was a reflection on your intelligence.

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
 Originally Posted By: Gordy250 #4905
Go to the Ford section. The man is asking about hedders for a Chevy six. You make all of us from Iowa look stupid.

Gordy, I don't normally engage in flame wars, but your post made it pretty clear that you don't need any outside help to look stupid. Or ill-mannered. That post was definitely not in the best traditions of Inliners, nor was it helpful. It was just rude and asinine, plus what really put the frosting on the cake was that you spelled headers wrong. That really added a lot to your credibility and gave a clue about your probable IQ level.

Next time, don't be quite so judgemental before you fire off a post, and if you see something that might be a mistake in a post, there are better ways to call attention to it. You could have also suggested some of the Ford performance websites, like Classic Inlines. We're all in this together, regardless of make or model of Inline you have. But instead, you just insulted the guy who posted the question. Not real good form, Bud.

Sorry about hijacking the thread, but I really had to say something. Now back to the original topic.

Formerly known as 64NovaWagon.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 328 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available