Originally Posted by stock49
The language categorizing these features and functions are that of the developers of the UBBthreads software - not mine.
I don't know the details as I have never looked at it, but in the world I work I always try to keep things consistent. PHP is ascii files, I'd edit them if I needed to.

To date I have offered to help and you have refused it. The software was upgraded, now it needs to be configured and setup.

In past postings in the General Discussions forums I have documented/described the capabilities of the Image Manager and the File Manager under our then circa 7.5.8 implementation. I cannot unsay those things. I can only put them in context with the new jargon and features of the latest release.
If members didn't read those in the past, they won't read them now. I don't know what I would do, but I'm not sure that model works for most people. We see the problem we are currently in, if people read each one of your stickies everyone would be able to post and wouldn't complain. That's not the case.

The forums had a better appearance with the previous software, so not sure what happened, but many of those changes seem to be lost as visually it looks different, different colors, different images, setup slightly different on the screen. It seems we've failed to include the changes previously done to the forums. This might be because you setup a separate VM rather than upgrading the existing one, that I don't know, I just know it looks pretty different to me.

TTW all I can suggest is that you register as a user over at the UBBcentral forums:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary
and submit specific enhancement requests to the developers of this software.

I appreciate your suggestion, but I am not doing anything other than moderating my 2 forums I have. Not very hard as I'm pretty much the only one that posts in them over the past few years.

Still takes work to build a community, was talking with Beater about this recently. Without a community you don't have much. The latest software will not bring people here. The latest software will not get people to post. Nothing was discussed with the community, nothing was asked of what people do or don't like. I would be ok with that if the Inliners forums had a track record of implementing the correct function, but so far it hasn't.

If it was me I'd try to embrace the few folks that do hang around here. I would try to build a community. I am not so sure that fits the big picture agenda with the Inliners. I would delegate forums to the participating members and offloading so much from people like you, so that things would get done quicker.

I still fill the same as I did when I posted the last message, the new software is a start. It was needed and you should keep it current, always. However, it needs to be configured properly so it's easier for people to use and that is something that consistently changes over time so you need to figure a way to apply your changes to the next upgrade if the forum software doesn't pull them.

I have spent more than 35 years of my life trying to make software easier for people to use. I think these forums could be setup so that they're easier for everyone to use. That's just my opinion. smile