Update on my final damper choice:

After researching getting my original harmonic damper rebuilt, I've decided to just purchase the PowerBond PB1026N damper from Summit. Link: 292 Three Groove Damper

The reason for not rebuilding my original is mostly because of cost. With shipping back and forth, it works out to somewhere near 3 times the cost. Plus, buying a damper that is still being manufactured, will hopefully help the person who ends up with this project someday down the road. The new damper came today in the post, and I have to admit, it looks very good.

And now for some pictures thanks to stock49's hard work updating the forum software! My picture taking skills? Maybe not so good. I need to figure out this whole "lighting" thing...:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have already found the correct alternator pulley to match the new damper belt spacing. I just need to find a dual water pump pulley, and all my original alternator and power steering pump brackets will work! Well, to be more honest, I may need to adjust/shim some things when I get to final assembly. wink

Take care all!

David
Attached Images