Tech Tips
Become a Member
Thread Like Summary
DoubleDingo, TraditionalToolworks
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#94899 12/19/2018 6:38 PM
by TraditionalToolworks
TraditionalToolworks
I'm a new forum member here, and posting the standard obligatory "Hey, I'm a new forum member" post. blush

This forum doesn't look too busy.

When I was looking for an Art Deco era truck, the beautiful blue with black fenders that is pictured on the banner had caught my attention early in my search. It really is a beautiful truck.

The truck I bought is more on the original side, has old patina, was painted with Rustoleum using a brush from the looks of it, and in general just an 'ol '46 pickup. Came from North Carolina where it lived most all of it's life on a farm, then lived for about a year in Missouri, and now will be in California for the remainder of it's life...maybe the remainder of my life would be more accurate... wink

I look forward to exchanging information with like minded folks that like to tinker and work on their trucks. My intention is to drive this, not restore it to it's original glory, so this truck will be a driver.

Initially I had a ground problem, and ended up replacing the battery cables 2/0 as my truck is still 6 volt. This seems to have fixed the intermittent starting problem I was seeing.

Now I'm looking at the brakes so I can get it road friendly and finish my registration.

The truck has a '55-'62 235 in it, but not too much of the electronics are working, that will be on my list of things to do...it has a gas tank in the bed, but the original is still under the seat also...

Here's a few videos the seller posted when I bought the truck, I moved them over to my YouTube account. Let see if this works.

Liked Replies
by TraditionalToolworks
TraditionalToolworks
Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
So if you don't pay a prostitute in San Francisco is that rape or less than a $1,000 theft? laugh

I think it's worse than that, you can beat her up like a no-nothing classless pimp and walk away... shocked

To keep this on topic, got this sticker this morning at the Bay Area Inliners Breakfast...no Inliner would be complete without one of these in the window! wink

1 member likes this
by TraditionalToolworks
TraditionalToolworks
I have always wanted one of these since I was a kid.

Getting hard to find the good ones, most of the newer ahooga horns are crap.

This is a vintage one that's been tested to ensure it's 12v. The seller actually bought it at an antique swap meet, to find out it was 12v, while his car is 6v.

Putting it on my list of todos when I get to the electrical.

Attached Images
1 member likes this
#99773 Mar 21st a 05:22 PM
by CNC-Dude #5585
CNC-Dude #5585
That's good progress right there....!
1 member likes this
#99772 Mar 21st a 03:54 PM
by Beater of the Pack
Beater of the Pack
What a big improvement! I've never been barefoot around primers but I put a rusty nail all the way through my boot & foot when I was a kid. shocked My folks were rooting for lockjaw. laugh
I worked all day yesterday sorting tiny bits from 160 little plastic drawers. The results were hardly noticeable. frown Probably could have thrown it all in the trash and in a week forgot I ever had it. This is a holdover from being raised by depression era parents, the original preppers. "You might need that! " With a 30 mile round trip to the hardware store + gas prices they may be right.:D
1 member likes this
#99855 Mar 27th a 08:41 PM
by Beater of the Pack
Beater of the Pack
So you're the reason the USPS in going broke? laugh
1 member likes this
by Beater of the Pack
Beater of the Pack
So now you feel you have a victory elsewhere and you are going to be the head vigilante and hunt down perceived violations in other threads.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
1 members (53chevy), 355 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available