Tech Tips
Become a Member
Thread Like Summary
TraditionalToolworks
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by littleterry
littleterry
Hi folks,

Further to my post a couple of days ago on a head gasket for my sprint car motor (thanks so much for your help on that), I am looking at what options I have regarding the transmission.

The car currently has an approximately 9.1/4" long in-out transmission (including spacer flange) with a dog type adaptor bolted to the crank. There is a motor plate to hold the back of the engine to the frame. The rear of the transmission mates up to a torque tube drive shaft.

I would really like to run a clutch steup of some sort and even a sarter motor if I can. This mod would mean that I could enter the car into lots more events and it would also make it safer and simpler to work on, tune up etc.

Here are some pictures of what I have in the car now...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Can any of you gurus suggest what I could do to fit a clutch in there somehow, please? I have no idea what would have been historically in these types of cars. There is clearly a hole for cluch shaft in the side of the casing, but I can't find a number or brand of any description anywhere to give me a starting point.

Any help would be really appreciated.
LT
Liked Replies
by littleterry
littleterry
A single gear would be ok, as the motor has plenty of torque and the quick change rear end will allow a degree of tuning. What I really need is the ability to start from a standstill without a push vehicle. Also an electric starter sot hat i can get the motor warmed up in the paddock. I could maybe edge the motor forwards an inch or so, but not much.
At this stage i would consider anything as a step in the right direction.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available