Tech Tips
Become a Member
Thread Like Summary
Beater of the Pack, moregrip1, Twisted6
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#100614 01/28/2023 4:34 PM
by moregrip1
moregrip1
On a 250 with factory compression (8.5-1?) what approximate compression would I have running a 194 head?
Liked Replies
#100695 Feb 8th a 11:51 PM
by Twisted6
Twisted6
Lump port the head and the clifford will do just fine in the low end.
2 members like this
#100718 Mar 2nd a 04:11 AM
by moregrip1
moregrip1
Originally Posted by Twisted6
Lump port the head and the clifford will do just fine in the low end.

That's the plan. I have your original lumps and the 194 head from MrHotRod6.
2 members like this
#100616 Jan 28th a 11:16 PM
by Twisted6
Twisted6
Like beater said ballpark can be 9 to 9.5 -1 depending what has been milled from the head Or the block.
1 member likes this
#100615 Jan 28th a 07:19 PM
by Beater of the Pack
Beater of the Pack
Ah, The proverbial can of worms. The use of 194 heads has been discussed here quite a bit over the years and never seems to come to a conclusion that we all agree on. There are several old threads here on the subject but searches are not very easy. I'll post a link to one about a truck engine I still haven't finished yet. (usual for me) This is a 292 low rpm truck engine build not a race engine but there is some basic 194 head info that may be of interest to you.It starts out about cam choice but gets to heads soon.

The easy answer to your question is you could expect from 1/2 to one point compression gain. So 9 to 9.5 to 1.

LINK

By the way, what part of Nevada?
1 member likes this
#100644 Jan 31st a 10:39 PM
by Twisted6
Twisted6
Just about any head can run the risk of hitting a water jacket when going to a 1.94 depending on the core shift of the casting The same goes for installing bigger exhaust valves when Installing the Wrong valve seat. The 194 head is not really a bottle neck Like some seem to think. And those that don't know them Like they think they do. Mike Kirby, Glen self and Like Many Others Ran those heads. Even the One's I have done SET track records Over a brazed in lump ported head. Yes Like Scott said it was designed for a small Bore , But the intake Port and Valve size is still the same, IT is the CC side of the head that makes It not wanted by Many. But they can Flow very good Numbers in the end. And if I didn't know what I was doing Or talking about My stuff never would have been Published.

So now let the Games begin.
1 member likes this
#100688 Feb 6th a 08:31 PM
by Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
It is nice to have matching parts but like you stated the Offenhauser gives more bottom end.
I will add it gives you better drivability and would think better mileage.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 224 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available