Tech Tips
Become a Member
Thread Like Summary
LAROKE
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#101215 01/23/2024 7:09 PM
by mick53
mick53
I'm slowly moving along on my 6-71 blown nitrous 292. The big holdup (other than money) is getting a deck plate made to furnace weld to my 292 block for the Ryan Falconer V-12 head. I found a guy to make the plate but not someplace to furnace weld it to the block yet. Here is where I'm at so far. Ryan Falconer V-12 head. Weiand 6-71 with 12 jet nitrous fogger plate and 2 Quick Fuel 650 DP. Billet crank and 7. 250" steel billet rods by Crower. Plan is to have new main caps dowelled and girdled. 5 stage dry sump. Electromotive direct fire EMS. Hogan will be making my intake. Thank you for your time.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#101217 Jan 24th a 01:53 AM
by mick53
mick53
Originally Posted by Twisted6
Question what is the reasoning to have it welded to the block?? Secondly you know that it can crack anytime during the welding process. ( Block wise)
The bolt pattern on the Ryan Falconer head is different and some go into thin parts of the block. It will need to be sleeved so I cant bolt the plate on. Furnace welding is actually brazing the plate on and it's done in an oven over an extended period of time. I think they put a layer of brass or bronze between the 2 pieces and bake and press them together. I'm not sure. Ryan Falconer told me about it and said that's how I should do it. Ryan and his son Erik have helped me a lot. I'll let you know when I find somebody to do it. I'm just starting on my chassis so I have some time.
Attached Images
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 358 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available