Tech Tips
Become a Member
Thread Like Summary
Twisted6
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#101306 03/12/2024 4:06 PM
by stock49
stock49
Watched this over coffee this morning. He takes what most would consider scrap and puts it back to work.

AnilKapoor-onFaceBook

His use of pins seems to be for alignment as his welds seemed to penetrate quite deeply.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

He as quite a few videos on YouTube showing repairs on all sorts cranks - some of the them from huge engines for boats and heavy equipment.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#101307 Mar 12th a 05:11 PM
by Beater of the Pack
Beater of the Pack
I'm not on facebook so I can not view the video. This is interesting and I have watched many videos of people making repairs that seem amazing by today's replace the part standards. My father was a journeyman machinist, a welder, a well driller, a farmer, and a mechanic. When I was a child I spent a LOT of time with him when doing all of this things. All of this was in rural Texas where replacement parts were often days away and work needed to be done. I never saw him weld a crank shaft but I saw him FIX things in ways that are not the norm today. I wish I had not lost him so soon. Once I herd him tell a customer, "If someone can build that surely to God I can rebuild it!"
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available