Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
D
I took our 6-cyl (well ok, a v6) Mustang to Sonoma aka Sears Point 2 nites ago to calibrate my GTECH meters. Had a good time and the 227cid Mustang ran pretty good for being too tall (2.73 rear), too tight (1900 stall) and too fat (3500lb), ran a 14.62 at 95.3mph.

But that wasn't the hit of the night - the most popular car by far was NOT the original 409/340 Impala, but rather a 41? Chev with a GMC inline under the hood and giant skinny blackwalls on the back, right out of the 1950s. Twin 1bbls and headers under the hood, and turned a best 17.70. Very popular, I even took a quick look though it was a busy night for me.

I thought maybe it was Radar's car:

https://www.inliners.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=77866#Post77866

But this was a different one though same theme.
Nothing draws the raves at the dragstrip like a vintage inline mixed in with all the new Mustangs and Camaros.

R
Contributor
Contributor
R
Radar could not resist making a comment.

If anyone is interested in seeing some really great old hot rods drag racing the 45th Antique Nationals Drag Race is on Sunday, June 28, 2015 at the Auto Club Drag Way, 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana, CA. It is a first class 1/4 mile strip next to the NASCAR 1.5 mile oval in Fontana. It's near the intersection of the 15 and 10 Freeways. You will see 12 classes vintage vehicles from Vintage Motorcycles, Wizzer Motorcycles,Four Bangers, Model Ts, Model A Four Cyl, Modle A Flathead, Flathead/Inliners Competition, Flathead/Inliners Street Legal,plus 10.5+, 9.2+, 8.2+, < 8.19 brackets. It's in the Bracket Racing format. There is also a great car show and Vintage parts swap meet. I plan to race my 40 Chevy/GMC and many LA area Inlinrers always show up including George Gerberick, our so. Cal Chapter head with his 37 Buick and the Fergerson family with their super GMC powered dragster. Gates open at 8 am. Price is $20 to get in, Children under 15 are free, Racing costs $50. Only 1954 and earlier vehicles may enter. You need a current helmet, seat belts, good tires and dual return springs on the carb linkage. Call Ron Mosher for more details. Hope to see you there. Frank Hainey, Radar.

FranK Hainey
R
Contributor
Contributor
R
Sorry - I forgot the ad Ron Mosher's phone # 661-255-1931. You may call me too: Frank Hainey, RADAR, at 760-451-3041. I have raced there off and on for 10 years, and might be able to give some tips to new racers. I have never won, but it is a blast to just compete. George Gerberick, in his classic 37 Buick straight 8, is very hard to beat. He is a bracket racing expert.

FranK Hainey

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available