Print Thread
Rate Thread
#89082 03/21/16 04:40 PM
L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
Was wondering if anybody has made their own or has info on how the injectors should fit into the bungs and such

Pictures would be appreciated and are always welcome

Josh
72 gmc lwb air ride 5 speed (soon) turbo 292 II# 6102
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I've done both Josh as well as made the bungs. TheSilverBuick has pics of the ones I made for him, maybe he could give you some pics of them. He also posted some of them on his EFI intake build thread if you want to look at some of his last posts on that.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
I seen those I follow his stuff pretty close

The guy welding my intake was curious on how the injectors fit into the bungs intake mani side how the oring seats does the bung slip over the injector to hold it straight?

Just didn't know if any one had a doodle or a couple nice pictures available

Josh
72 gmc lwb air ride 5 speed (soon) turbo 292 II# 6102
T
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
T
Straight is best, but O-rings are pretty forgiving. NONE of my homemade EFI conversions have injectors consistently straight and square much to my dismay. But they don't leak! The O-rings should get a slight crush fit as they go into the bung to seal up.

Some folks use a 14mm drill bit, I use a 17/32 bit. I have clips on my injectors to guarantee that they won't go too far into the rail and stick the o-ring into the fuel passage, but I do try for the good practice of leaving a step at the end of the injector hole to let the o-ring stop against. Usually I'll drill a 3/8th hole all the way through, then follow it up with a 17/32" bit stopping short of going all the way through.

The rails are always drilled nicely on my drill press, I've struggled with the intake bungs lining up perfectly parallel, or exactly the same spacing as the rail. I tried using a jig I though was square, but still had issues. I'll try a different centering method next time. Again, none of them leak, so the O-rings are doing their job fantastically.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available