Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
1953 chevy 3100 pickup - steel brake lines suggestions

Hiya folks.

I was toying around today with my dad's old '53 3100 yesterday... and the steel brake that goes to the rear axle burst.

egads!

Luckily I was stopped when it happened... 5 minutes earlier and it would have been an interesting ride with the park brake.

Time to swap out the metal lines then... I've swapped out and bent straight ones from the store before, but I noticed some of the vendors have all the pieces in a kit, but I imagine unless specifically written, they are all straight lines that need to be bent as well.

Anyway, just looking for suggestions for steel brake line sourcing, pros and cons.

Thanks.

-W

L
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
L
Wooge, I'm gonna be re-plumbing BillyBob ('55 1st Series Chevy) down the line and I'm going with the nickel-copper lines this time around. Easy to work and flare and very resistant to corrosion.

Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Thanks for the reply LAROKE.

I'm leaning towards replacing all of the metal lines.

My dad rebuilt the brakes at each wheel, springs, internal bits, new shoes n cylinders and rubber hoses.

I think I might need some of those clip things too, that hold on the lines, but I found them at the various parts vendors.

-W

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
The guys over at InlineTube should have everything you need. I was going to custom bend/flare my own but they have vehicle specific kits for most makes. I went with their stainless kit.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 311 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available