Rate Thread
#6807 02/26/05 09:24 AM
S
Snyiper Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
OK I have read the threads on the ford vs Chevy as far as which can be made to run well and it seems both are very equal. In all the discussions I have seldom seen any reference to the AMC six.
Does this engine have possibilities in the performance field? What do you give up or gain using a AMC? Are the performance parts available for the AMC like for the "other " 2 six's? Seems to me there is or at least should be a abundance of the AMC inlines available at a cheap price are they worth building for a 4x4? How to they compare with the other sixes as far as possible performance and cost to build?
Sorry about all the questions I am about to start looking for my 4x4 platform to build on and there is no real brand loyalty. There is however the strong desire to run a six and spank a lil bent eight butt on the trails. I have looked at several combo's and the Cherokee with a strong six looks like it can do darn near anything the others can do just need some insight.
Thanks
Glenn

Glenn
Life is not about being dealt a great hand but how Great you play the one you were dealt!
#6808 02/26/05 11:06 AM
D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Well if your plan is to modify a Jeep L6 there is
plenty of mods available including heads, cams, carbs, etc. Start with Clifford Performance and then any major speed supplier. Jeep factory web has rock crawler info too.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
#6809 02/28/05 12:16 AM
T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
I had heard that Indy considered developing a head for the 4.0 motor. The Jeep is popular.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 22 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available