Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Hiya.

1953 Chevrolet 3100 series.

I need to replace my brake lines and I have a hand bender and tube cutters, brake flaring tools... but the last time I was under the truck, one of the lines runs into a big giant nut on the back of the master cylinder... is that something I have to buy reproduction? or does it come apart somehow so that I can flare the tube?

If anyone has any links to their online photos of their brake lines, that would be really great too.

Thanks.

-W

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Sorry, but it's been so long since I've really looked at that and my '53 is buried in snow right now. If you can not get answer here check out the Stovebolt site.
LINK

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Originally Posted By: Woogeroo
1953 Chevrolet 3100 series.

... but the last time I was under the truck, one of the lines runs into a big giant nut on the back of the master cylinder...

That is the end plug. It is threaded into the main-cylinder casting. In this era there was only a single hydraulic circuit so one typically finds a tee-fitting threaded directly into the end cap - with two compression fit lines running into the tee. One leg feeds the drivers front wheel - the other leg goes to the passenger side where another tee fitting splits to feed the passengers side wheel and the long line to the rear wheels.

Manual pages and pics can be found at tocmp:
The Old Car Manual Project - 49-54 Chevy Section 5

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 311 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available