Print Thread
Rate Thread
#97263 07/25/20 07:45 AM
C
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
C
It seems since the Covid mess started it has been so quiet around this website.
Where'd everyone go?
I know there's a lot of older members so I hope it's not do to illness.

Just seems odd that if a bunch of us are at home it'd be busier.
Am I missing something?

Thanks

Pete
64 Chevelle
61 C30 Panel truck
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
We are a pretty ancient group but the Northern Nevada chapter has remained fairly active sometimes pushing the rules a bit. Our Governor and ALL of the state government is from Las Vegas and the rest of us wish what lives in Vegas would stay in Vegas. Most of the rest of the state has few cases except for Reno.
We have been able to have some meetings and no cases of the plague in our group. I spent several hours last Saturday on my tractor clearing weeds and brush from one of our member's property. We got to visit some, drink a beer in his shop and talk inlines. We are so old that we can see the tunnel at the end of the light and will not spend the last of our lives cowering alone. We are all going to die of something in the not so distant future. I do not trust what ANYONE in the governments that have taken taken over our lives is telling us. The concern of those in power is to get more power.
I'm headed to Reno to help my son put a clutch in his tractor, It's an inline. laugh

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Still kicking here and I have been busy in my shop. I've also been trying to make room to bring the ChevyII inside so I can get the rear shocks replaced along with the front brake lines. And I have been working on my New Alum intake to replace the sheet metal 3x4 tunnel ram. The one up grade to doing the Alum one is The top plate will be removable to be able to make carb swaps easy with out having to change the whole intake. Then I hope to get started on the Valve cover.
It's been nice playing with my New Tig Toy hehehe

Last edited by Twisted6; 07/25/20 07:52 PM.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
B
Contributor
Contributor
B
I'm checking the site every day. Been laid up from troubles surrounding my left foot and spent a couple of weeks in the hospital..

The machine shop that I use was closed as not essential because they don't do any work for local garages. I had to wait two and a half months before I could send my block and crank for final measurements so that I could order pistons and rings!! And NO!! I won't just take my stuff to just any shop.

ANYHOW!! I finally got the needed info and pistons and rings are on the way!!

I know only ONE couple who may have had the plague and they've both fully recovered. They took sick just before Christmas, but they haven't been tested, so nobody is sure.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
The tractor work went very well today. It is so cool that my son and I can work to solve these mechanical issues mostly cerated by people who worked on stuff before we got it. He is high tech. I am bailing wire and pliers. Together we were able to find the original screw up that led to the issues we needed to fix. Plus we fired up the Triumph 500 LSR bike we'll be playing with soon. My God what a little beast! A good Day !

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Had to have a radiation procedure done on one of my eyes the week after July 4th. So it's been a slow go getting my vision to come back in that eye. Our work never shutdown because we are essential manufacturers for the medical industry. But it does seem the hobby groups have slowed a little bit in some areas.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
M
Contributor
Contributor
M
I'm still plugging away in Indiana like normal on my build. 3 steps forward and 2 steps back with the occasional stumble.

C
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
C
Sorry to hear some of you have had medical issues to deal with.
My wife has been in the hospital three times this month.
There's one county between us and Philadelphia so I need to be careful not to bring the covid home.
It's scary out there!
This fall school will turn out to be at home again I have a feeling.
In the garage I'm trying to get things tidied up and get to work on stalled projects again. Stay safe out there.

Pete
64 Chevelle
61 C30 Panel truck

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 32 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement