Print Thread
Rate Thread
F
Fett Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
F
Hi all, I'm swapping heads on my 81 Chevy C10's 250 six (its bone stock), and I have run into some problems that maybe you can help me with. I've got an Offy 4bbl intake manifold with a 4bbl/2bbl adapter and a holley weber 5200 2bbl carb. The head I'm swapping to is a 1965-1970 230 head, completely rebuilt. My question is what to I do about the power steering and alternator brackets? The integrated head has a huge bracket setup that bolts into the head, I really want to avoid machining my pretty new head and intake. If you take off the power steering pump and plug its lines can you drive like that, or would that damage the steering? I guess I just need to find out how/where to get some brackets that will fit the older head or somehow modify the newer brackets off of the integrated head. Thanks for any help all!

TJ

B
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
B
Try a junk yard to see if you can find a an early truck with a conventional head. Definitely 73-74 will work and maybe newer; not sure when GM went to the integral on the pick-ups.

Inliner #1916
A
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
A
I have a leaky ps hose on my '76 nova. I removed the ps belt and have been driving it for 2 weeks or so that way. The pump wouldnt keep fluid so I didnt want to damage it by running dry. The hoses came in from napa yesterday so I'll install them soon.

--Kevin

1976 Chevrolet Nova Hatchback, "Old Blue", with 250 inline six.
F
Fett Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
F
Thanks for the replies guys, how hard would it be to switch to manual steering? Theres a steering box/rack for an 82 c-10 at a junk yard near me for only $50. Would this be an easy switch, like no machining necessary?

TJ

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available