Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
A
Hi everyone,

I made a post yesterday regarding my 76 Chevy nova. http://www.inliners.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002657

I have decided to buy some aluminum roller rockers from comp cams and a mild hydraulic RV/towing style cam.

I want to keep a stock style head with the integrated intake, but I would like to swap to a Holley Weber 5200, a Carter Weber, or a Weber DGV carburetor. I don't want to use an adapter. I had an idea before to machine the head to accept the carburetor directly. However, a coworker of mine told me a head from an 81 and up 250 has the right pattern to bolt the carburetor directly. (He said he wasn’t 100% sure that it’s an 81 and up that he’s thinking of but I'm sure someone here knows.) Can someone tell me if this is true? If it is, I'm going to look for such a head. Thanks in advance.

--Kevin Coleman

1976 Chevrolet Nova Hatchback, "Old Blue", with 250 inline six.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Some of the later Integrated Heads ( I do beleive where Truck Motors??) Had a two barrel Carb from factory.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
B
Contributor
Contributor
B
yes the trucks had a 2 bbl. carb on their integrated heads. and yes they are still a pos. i have had 3 of them and they were all cracked and would not run right. an early head fixed the problem each time.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available