Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
T
hey all, well lets just say i am a complete amateur at modding. The only thing I have done to my Trailblazer is a Volant intake and Custom dual Magnaflow exhaust. There aren't that many parts for the inline 6 platform I use, so I know I will need to get more performance parts custom made for me.

The thing is I don't even know where to start. The first process I want to do is port and polish and also bore out my machine. I've been looking for oversized pistons to do this, but can't find any anywhere, I've looked into JE Pistons, but they don't have anything.

The GM Inline 6 4.2L platform is 250ci. Here are some more details;

Bore/stroke (in / mm): 3.66 x 4.01 / 93 x 102
Compression Ratio: 10.0:1

See I have found a topic for increasing the bore on another 4.2L but this was for a Jeep. Here's the link http://www.visi.com/~bsimon/jeep/mpi.html
It states we can use Mopar accessories?? Could these be used as a direct plug and play into the Trailblazer??

Sorry about the very simple post, but I am a beginner and admit it. The more I can learn the better I will be. So please have patience.

And thanks for your time, I hope someone can help me out, I want to at least gain 330bhp from my TB N/A.

cheers

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
When somebody comes out w/a superchager kit you should look into that.Maybe turbocharger?
Just a thought. Goodluck!
Hank

12 port SDS EFI
T
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
T
thanks, ive been looking round, but since the Trailblazer SS came out i doubt many ppl will want to make parts, so im thinking everything will need to be custom made for my car...with that in mind how easy is it to just drop in a turbo?? the twin turbo Trailblazer only had a beefed up transmission, most the engine stayed stock, so im hoping there is hope with this idea...

i saw the inline 6 4.2L who added a turbo the size of cuba!! but it wasnt a daily driver, i need something both daily driver and track, plzzz help anyonem u guys have wayy more experience then me, so anything u say will be taken as good advice...

thanks

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available