Rate Thread
#1023 09/02/03 12:15 AM
H
Hector Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
H
I'm not sure if I should be posting this on here,please correct me if I'm wrong.
Is anyone out there running an aftermarket a/c unit on their ride with a 250 family type engine?I'm preety sure that I will have to make my own brackets but I wonder wether the compressor should be mounted on the driver or passenger side of the engine.I've seen brackets for a 235 that locate the compressor low on the driver's side where the alternator usually mounts and moves the alternator directly above it.I could build something like that for my application but I wonder how to route the hoses.My car is a '66 chevy ll.Any feedback or pictures showing what you have will be a great help.Thanks,HF.

#1024 09/02/03 01:55 AM
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Most of the 250 - 292 style motors mounted the A/C brkts on the front right side of the head just above the distributor on the 250. You will see two holes in the head that are best suited for this. My '54 had an aftermarket compressor on it with a homemade brkt but the support interferred with the vacuum advance on the distributor. On my 292 I just bought a complete set of brkts off of e-bay to mount the late model radial compressor on it. You can check with your local GM parts dept but I don't think any of the earlier brkts are still available. Mave have to go scrounging. Good Luck

------------------
Ontario Inliners

1940 Chev Sedan
1954 Chev Custom
1965 Chev Pick-up

Ontario Inliners
1965 Chevelle
1940 Chev
1965 Chev Pick-up
1970 MGB Roadster

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available