Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
When I was tuning the carb on the truck she's in I took it for a short run up a grade on a state route behind my place..........Not even a mile up to a turn around and back. Well, I took it over to my neighbors yesterday(7-miles away) and the truck seemed to be feeling strange, got over there and it started raining, so I climbed out and headed for cover..........Coming home I pulled it in the garage and smelled something burning......Went around the left side felling the calipers/drums for any heat, come to the right front, Aluminum rim is hotter than all get out............So here all along the caliper must be hanging up or the hose collapsed internally, I don't know which, and here I thought it was my stupidity when it came to tuning. \:D \:D \:D The old inline will preform alittle better when the truck actually ROLLS \:D

Just thought it was funny......

Thanks for all your help,
TP.

Love Old '67-'72 GM Pickups! Dare to be different.....Running GM Inliners, GMC's MONSTER V-6's, and real inline power, Cummins, in Central PA.
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
must be a virus in central pa, because the same thing happened to my model a (with hydraulics, '53 ford pu brakes on front)

the steering was pulling to the left. when i got home i could feel the heat from the left/front wheel! new hoses all around and now it's fine.

and yes, the engine seems more powerful, too!

Lord, let me live long enough to do all the projects I have planned!
J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
same here on my G10 van. Left hose went first, 3 weeks later the right one.

Never had this happen on any other vehicle.

T
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
It has happened here before from time to time........automatically know because of the "Smell".........Won't have a problem again with this truck for awhile. When such stuff happens I pop on new capliers/hoses on both fronts.

Love Old '67-'72 GM Pickups! Dare to be different.....Running GM Inliners, GMC's MONSTER V-6's, and real inline power, Cummins, in Central PA.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available