Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
duke64 Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
D
How do i route the water lines from the heat plate on a 292 stock manifold so i can use Landon headers? I have a bypass hose that goes from pump to thermo housing!

L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
If you have water lines on your stock manifold it is either not stock or has a heat plate added to it for headers already. Do you still have a stock exhaust manifold???

Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever
D
duke64 Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
D
I have a stock manifold were the heat plate will go on. I am not sure how to hook up the water lines as i have a bypass hose on the 292.

L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
There are not a lot of choices on the 250/292. Do you have the temp sender behind the bypass hose? There are several different thermostat housings, so I'll describe where to connect. For the hot water to you can get a hose 'T' and place it on the upper heater hose. You can also put a threaded 'T' on the upper heater hose by removing the barb for the hose. This can also be done at the temp sender, but the the temp gauge my error if you have one. Both of the connections mentioned will get you hot water from the block. There is also a thermostat housing that has three threaded ports were the bypass and temp sender are, I have one from a 250, haven't tried fitting it to my 292 yet. There are two places to put the water back in the system. The first would be the lower heater hose with another hose 'T'. The second would be on the drivers side of the block back by where the bell housing mounts about 4-6 inches above the pan there is a threaded plug to the water. If you want to plumb it like Old Bert did then you probably want to use the threaded fittings. IIRC the heater hose barb is 1/2 npt, and the plug on the bottom of the block is 3/8 npt. Orchard Supply has a good selection of brass fittings. The hose 'T's might be little difficult to find, I have substituted threaded fittings and put my hose clamp over the threads. If I missed something hopefully someone will catch it.

Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever
D
duke64 Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
D
Thanks for your help!!!

W
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
W
If using a stock intake, you may have to modify the plate or intake to have a void between it and the bottom of intake.
I have a stock intake that will not circulate water with the flat plate on the bottom with only 2 connections.
It has 2 voids but not connected so it will take 2 inlets and outlets to get water to circulate under complete bottom.

Make your own decision,

Just my Thoughts,
Walt 1940
I.I.# 4712

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users