Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
-
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
-
I want to replace the massive 15x10 AR Wheels on my ´67 Chevy C-10 longwide with some off a late model Bowtie, if possible. my questions is, will it fit? I know the wheels for both the ´04 and the ´67 are 6 lug, but I don´t know if the caps are the same diameter, or if the the front hub will fit the new wheel. I haven´t bought the wheels yet, because I want to make sure it´ll fit. Any help? I´m interested in any of the ´99-current Chevy 1500 wheels.

Smile, Jesus Loves You.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
one thing you can try to do is copy the bolt pattern By Useing a paper plate. Use a nylon or hard rubber hammer Tap it over thelugs and the center hub. It's not 100% but normaly Very close for a yes or No fit. Copy either alxe or Off your 67 first Then go hit up the bone/junk Yards for a test fit. Or just take you wheel to the bone/junk yard to test fit it on the Newwer truck. Hope this helps }[oooooo]

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Also,If you can acquire a March/April 2003 issue of "The 12 Port News" or if someone can scan it and email it to you the Rossi's have a neat simple Tech Tip for measuring Off Set,Diameter and Width of rims using a common variety, wooden, 4 ft. measuring ruler. It may help you to determine wheel well clearances.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
C
Contributor
Contributor
C
 Quote:
Originally posted by -Spiderman-:
I want to replace the massive 15x10 AR Wheels on my ´67 Chevy C-10 longwide with some off a late model Bowtie, if possible. my questions is, will it fit? I know the wheels for both the ´04 and the ´67 are 6 lug, but I don´t know if the caps are the same diameter, or if the the front hub will fit the new wheel. I haven´t bought the wheels yet, because I want to make sure it´ll fit. Any help? I´m interested in any of the ´99-current Chevy 1500 wheels.
A good place to check is:
http://www.americanracing.com/index.asp
and:
http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html
There are differences between older wheels and newer wheels even if bolt pattern is the same.
The backspace on later model Chevy trucks is positive, which sets it in towards center of vehicle. Also according to AR the center holes are different diameters too.
GM tends towards narrow rims on later trucks, for the size tire they use, so measure and see if that's what you really want.
6.5" wide rim with 255 width tires seems like it's just wrong!
I put 8x16's on my '03 Chevy, and it really only looks normal now, should have gone to the 9.5" rims.
Let us know how you make out.

Pete
64 Chevelle
61 C30 Panel truck
E
Contributor
Contributor
E
The late wheels, >'87 or so, have about 2" deeper offset on half ton trucks to allow for the IFS. The wheels are spaced closer to the centerline of the truck. You might also have brake clearance problems. The registration hole is also smaller which shouldn't make any difference on a 2WD truck.

-
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
-
I have a friend down here who has a ´91 Chevy 6 lug, and he got some ´01 Chevy wheels from a place in Amarillo. He told me that he still has the originals wheels for the ´91 and that he´ll drop one off at my place Tuesday so I can check and make sure it fits the easy way. I´ll let y´all know what I find out. Thanx for all your help \:\)

Smile, Jesus Loves You.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available