Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
I have never seen this before but I took my 250/400 out for it's first street drive and it ran great but when I got it back to the house, the firewall was covered in tranny fluid and it was dripping down the outside of the dipstick and all over the tranny. If I got the lines backward would it do this? It shifts perfect. I have the top connection on the radiator going to the top connection on the tranny and bottom to bottom.

I guess it could be shooting up from where the dipstick goes into the tranny or the tranny line itself could be leaking... there is a metal connector in the middle of one line but I made sure to tighten it, but it just looks like it is coming from the dipstick, is this even possible? If that never happens, I'll just replace the lines, it has rubber sections in it up near the radiator anyway, so they weren't going to be on long anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone had ever heard of that before.

J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Dear Mr. Thomas;

From your photo it appears to be a (pressure) leak from the "cooler line" and NOT blowing out the dipstick tube.

Simply replace that fitting, should stop it. Make sure there's NO flow restriction in doing so. Replacing the line would be best though as the fitting could vibrate & leak again.

Good luck. \:\)

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Yup, you got it right John! I decided that either way I wanted to get rid of those ramshackled lines since they were suspect and not solid all the way through, so I went up to the store tonight and picked up a couple and ran them and took it to the car wash and then drove around for a good long while getting on it pretty good (and having alot of fun at it) and all is well! I am glad it was only that! I know the new lines aren't perfect but I think they look ok. I did run them under the motor mount perch and molded them by hand in about 15 min.

J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Good.

Make sure there not vibrating or rubing on the frame & your "good to go". Don't forget to recheck the fluid level.

Happy trails. \:\)

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Yeah, I figured I was already low from doing the engine swap too with the driveshaft out. I topped it off and went for a nice drive tonight!

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available