Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello...just curious how the rare 300 crossflow head you have is performing on your engine?....any dyno number's or track times yet?

Lee
all would be very interested....

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Hi, The new car isn't done yet. My plan is to install the engine from the wrecked car to baseline the new car. That engine is about a 400 horser and ran 9.70's in the old car on a good day. I'm hoping to be about 150# lighter which means it should run about 9.40's just on the strength of the lighter weight car. If the chassis and aerodynamics is better then it may be quicker. Next, I'm putting together a better head with a better intake manifold. Computer projections say about 475 HP. I'll switch to that set up with (3) Holley 350's and expect to go about 9.0's. Next I'll put the Holley 500's back on and see where that gets me. Then maybe try methanol and go for the Inliner record, win a national championship, and kiss the trophy girl. Stay tuned...

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello..sounds fun....thanks for response....when i mentioned the rare crossflow 300 2 yrs ago seems i made MANY enemies-hardcore Ford Inliners-they said it never existed-then you came along....glad you have 1,or do you have 2 heads?....so what is the Inline record and the rules (LOL-any rules where anything is allowed?) for that?...

Lee

[This message has been edited by LeeLites (edited 04-23-2002).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lee - the 'Official' Inliner rule book is reproduced in the Racing section of this site. Existing records are updated and listed on page 26 of every '12 Port News'.

L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello..thanks for response..so do you have to pay for the records?....

Lee

ps ..are these rules posted here on site Inliners.org rules or another racing sanction rules?

[This message has been edited by LeeLites (edited 04-24-2002).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure how to respond to your first question..."pay for the records"? Eligibility for Inliner drag records has been covered in the newsletter, but to summarize, a timing slip and weight certification are validated by a club officer or chapter head, then submitted to the competition director. Only current club members are eligible for records.

As to your second question - go to 'racing' then click on 'rule book'.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (53chevy), 355 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available