Rate Thread
#22060 10/04/02 03:40 PM
H
Hector Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
H
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this thread but I know that the right people will see it here.
I recently finished reading the "Chevrolet Inline Six-Cylinder Power Manual".My first impression after scanning through it was that maybe I wasn't going to be able to use much of the info. in it for it was leaning heavily towards the hardcore racer of the inline.That's when I decided to sit down and read the whole thing with an open mind to see what Mr.Leo Santucci had to say.
The book is well written with easy to understand language,plenty of illustrations,photos,history,examples,aknowledgements and references.There are also tips and tricks explained in easy terms to optimize the performance of the engines.
After reading the book completely I came with two thoughts that I would like to point to the members of this forum and the author of this fine publication.
First I will like to encourage all the members of this forum and visitors alike to purchase,if they have not done it yet,the Power Manual.It is packed with usefull information about our engines.Not only are we buying a great book but we can assure that the writing of it becomes a profitable venture for Mr.Santucci so he'll be encouraged to, maybe, take another risk in the future and write more about inlines.
Second,and this is more for the author,I will like to suggest with all due respect to him that he may write a companion book to the "Power Manual",perhaps a "Street Manual",for the builder that may never see the quarter mile but commands respect on the street.Mr. Santucci has demonstrated to have the skills,connections and hands on expirience to establish himself as the inline author that we need in this V-8 world.I think the need is there for someone to capitalize on it.
Thanks for letting voice my opinion.Hector

#22061 10/05/02 02:31 AM
S
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
S
Hey,Where can I purchase the power manual and how much does it cost?Thanks in advance for the reply
Sincerely,Gerald

#22062 10/05/02 03:13 AM
H
Hector Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
H
Altough I didn't get mine here(wish I had),look to your left on this page and you will see"Club Stuff",click on that and scroll down and you will see it.It runs for $19.95 with shipping.HF

#22063 10/05/02 08:24 AM
'
Contributor
Contributor
'
I enjoyed Leo's boook a lot and would probably buy the street manual myself.

I/I #4101
'71 GMC Jimmy 350, sm465, np205,3.73 posi.
'68 C/10 Stepside 292 (.030 over) Offy Intake, 500 CFM AFB,Clif headers, sm465, 3.73 posi.
'67 K/10 454 project.
'72 K/5 rolling frame project.
#22064 10/05/02 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good comments guys. I have forwarded this thread to Leo. BTW, the Santuccis will be our special guests at the Daytona Turkey Run next month...Watch the "events" page on this site for more details. Florida and Georgia Inliners will be receiving a flyer in the next week or two.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available