Rate Thread
#22334 04/11/03 01:41 PM
H
Hud I Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
H
I acquired a modified head recently and it has roller rockers on it. It had the triple valve springs installed. I have removed them and installed the correct springs for the cam I am going to run. The pushrods that came with the head are longer than the stock pushrods.I plan on running a stock type lifter (hyd). Will the stock pushrods work with the roller rockers? Or will the longer pushrods work with the stock type lifter? I have not had any experience with roller rockers. Any feedback will be appreciated.

#22335 04/12/03 02:47 AM
W
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
W
The Comp Cams web site has a good description of the rocker arm and pushrod geometry for roller rockers. Try compcams.com/catalog/278html, anyway that used to work. Basically they're saying, the roller should be exactly at the center of the valve stem at mid lift, toward the camshaft at the base circle and away from the camshaft at max lift.
Don't forget about pushrod guides if you need them, but the pushrods you have should function with the rockers.

------------------
Ron

Ron 1801
#22336 04/12/03 12:54 PM
H
Hud I Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
H
Thanks Wheel for the info. I am going to have to do some research on this and see how things work out. I read in the power manual last night that roller rockers takes a longer push rod. I need to get the valve train put together and check it out. Thanks again.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Beater of the Pack), 426 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available