Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
C
Does anyone know anything about this intake?
Seen one?
Know company?
eBay Item number: 7941726467
(in case below mess doesn't work)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Pete
64 Chevelle
61 C30 Panel truck
M
Contributor
Contributor
M
I did a Google search on the name of the mfr (Race Engine Company) and the part number and I found nothing. I also went to the ebay auction seller's website and found nothing of the company name there either. You can try to contact the seller and see if he can provide you with more info.

I've never seen one of these in person, but like you I also came across it on an Ebay search. This guy (mr.hotrod6) certainly has had a lot of goodies for the 250 & 292 over the last few months, and seems to sell good stuff.

Judging by the design I'd say this intake is definitely for racing, not the street. It'd probably work really well with that Crower solid lifter he has in another auction.

-magic mike-

S
Contributor
Contributor
S
This Factory is here in Brazil. All its products are really good shape and quality.
I have an Engine´s Q-jet intake in my 250 Chevy and it works good. Better than Clifford´s one.
If you have a choice, can buy it with any headache.

Att.

250 and 261
E
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
E
Do they have a web site or catalog?

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I have seen all The New intakes from Race engine company First Hand From Mr.Hotrod6. They are of Very good Quality.They also seem to be a bit lighter then cliffords and look to be of better casting.Not as course looking?? And to my understanding there is also Side covers,& valve covers in the works. And They come with more stuff/Linkage then Cliffords. He will be selling these intakes along with myself. Waiting on the price List at this time. All Intakes Come in black powder coating at this time.
We need more of this stuff on the markets Other then just one or two people making it.
}[oooooo]

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
M
Contributor
Contributor
M
 Quote:
Originally posted by Twisted6:
We need more of this stuff on the markets Other then just one or two people making it.
}[oooooo]
Amen, amen, AMEN Twisted6! Competition means more variety and usually better prices for consumers. In this case better quality as well.

I can't wait! Well, I guess I'll have to, lol. ;\)

-magic mike-

C
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
C
 Quote:
Originally posted by Twisted6:
[QB] I have seen all The New intakes from Race engine company First Hand From Mr.Hotrod6. They are of Very good Quality.They also seem to be a bit lighter then cliffords and look to be of better casting.Not as course looking?? And to my understanding there is also Side covers,& valve covers in the works. And They come with more stuff/Linkage then Cliffords.
Does that 3x2 use an adapter for the Rochester or the Weber carb?
Or is it like Clifford, where the basic manifold has a bolt on mounting flange?
Those funnel shaped 2 into 1 adapters folks have had to use to put the Weber on a 2x1 or 3x1 kind of bother me.

Pete
64 Chevelle
61 C30 Panel truck
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I'll get with mr.hotrod6 and find out more about that intake because I realy don't remember.
}[oooooo]

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
O
Contributor
Contributor
O
Nobody really answered the two questions one member asked. Does Race engine company have a catalog or website?

OOOPS! Maybe I can answer my own question!\

www.goravenswood.com

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That is not Race Engine Companys web site. That Is mr.hotrod6s. I'm not sure that they have either at this time.Because we're waiting on the Price sheet. Sorry if thats not helping much at this time. }[oooooo]

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
O
Contributor
Contributor
O
Thanks, You're right....as always!! The site doesn't have any inline manifolds like those we saw in the pics.
Hope you get them soon!!

C
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
C
 Quote:
Originally posted by Sixizbest:
Thanks, You're right....as always!! The site doesn't have any inline manifolds like those we saw in the pics.
Hope you get them soon!!
Look what else showed up. And it's still a 3x2......
eBay Item number: 7943887404
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Sweet! (and it's not a hemi)

Pete
64 Chevelle
61 C30 Panel truck
O
Contributor
Contributor
O
Hmmmm, it would seem Race Products is looking to see what the market is willing to pay, by offering a few of those for auction. I like the way they think, I just wish they'd decide soon. Some of us have money from Christmas burninga hole in our pockets!! \:D

S
Contributor
Contributor
S
Hehehehe! Yeah! I think you´re right!! I think they don´t know the right price for the parts. But I think thats a good choice to buy some parts cheaper than the clifford and offy ones!
The only thing its not great is that you have to wait.

250 and 261
A
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
A
Fellows,

This is Brasilian built speed equipment. Engine makes a bunch of parts for the GM L6. They are well done. And of course much cheaper for us here than the Clifford of Offy parts. They have a cool valvecover, side cover plates and a bunch of manifolds. Many years ago there were some other options made by Envemo, there were a 3 single barrel carb manifold, had finned fibs between the carb mounts and looked pretty nice. Nowadays almost impossible to find one. As I have said here before, due to many particular politics here concerning the car industry, we had the 250 chevy produced here tillalmost year 2000, using Multipoint fuel injection, 12 port head, one piece rear main seal, longer 6.000 rods, thinner rings and so on. Now they are gone, but still possible to obtain complete engine sets.

Alexandre Garcia
M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Alexandre,

Interesting point on the 250 being made until 2000. Is it the same 250 that was run as a standard engine here in the states until the early 1980s? 3.875 bore x 3.52 stroke? Pushrod engine or OHC?

If this is the exact same engine as the US version I'd be very interested in seeing a picture of a complete engine if you could provide one. Especially one with EFI and a 12 port head.

Email me one if possible. Thank you!

-magic mike-

S
Contributor
Contributor
S
Mike

The first chevy inline 6 that cames to Brazil was the 230 engine in 1968. It survives only for 3 years. Then the 250 engine was introduced here, in Brazil, in 1971 and was produced untill 1992 and cames in a car called Chevrolet Opala. After that a car called Chevrolet Omega was introduced by GM to take the Opala´s place. In the begining the Omega cames with an Opel´s engine that was smaller than the 250. But the spare parts was so much expensive for most owners than GM decide to take back the good old 250 chevy engine. They only modified the head, making a 12 port intake, put a EFI and change a little the headers.

250 and 261

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 26 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available