Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M
Hello all, just asking if anyone,or know of anyone who has a solid roller camshaft for sale for a 250 Chevy? I am looking for one that has a wide lobe center.
Thank you!

12 port SDS EFI
M
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
M
Hank:
We have several rollers that we have run in our drag car. may be able to help if you could be more specific as to your requirements. What we have may be to big as they were drag race only, mostly custom grinds.
Post info here or direct to wallaceengineco@hotmail.com

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Brad, I did a little web search on your engine shop and read you do engine restos and performance. Do you do the PES mods on cylinder heads?

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M
Hi Brad,
I am looking for a cam that has a wide lobe center around 112 at least, because I want to able to bring it out to 114-116. I was told I would need a cam w/112 lobe center to regrind it to 114.
I am looking for about .650 lift with 232-248 duration @ .050
Thanks
Rick

12 port SDS EFI
M
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
M
Hank:
I'm afraid that nothing we have is going to do what you are asking. Our cams are on 104* and 106* intake c/l,lobe sep at 106*/108* and lift in the neighborhood of .825 up to .860. Not enough material to regrind to anything else. Have you tried any of the major cam companys? We have used comp with great success. If you are not able to find what you are looking for we can inquire with Comp Cams if you like.

Catdog:
We have in the past done some fairly extensive port mods on the six cyl heads, both for inhouse engines and customers. We have used the PES inserts in the past and find them acceptible. Don't currently, due to our schedule to do any six cly heads in a timely fashion.
Twisted six seems to have this project moving along and if you need current info he seem to be the go to guy.
Yes we could them but "TIME" being the major factor
Thanks all: Brad

M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M
Thanks Brad,
do you have solid roller lifters for sale?
I would appreciate if you could contact Comp Cams & see what they say.
Thanks again!

12 port SDS EFI
D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Thanks from me also, Brad. As you are closer to me then Larry, I thought I would ask.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M
Brad, you did not answer if you had roller lifters for sale?
BTW, how much do you want for one of you roller cams?
Thanks

12 port SDS EFI
'
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
'
Hey Hank,

Just out of curiosiy, what are you hoping to gain with the wide lobe centers ? You are running a Blower aren't you ?

Just wondering . . . . .

'Crockett

'Crockett
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
the wider(110,112,114) the Lobe The Less LOPE you have meaning a smoother Idle and Better Vacum. as to the less it is (108,106 ,105 90s) Yes I have seen them .( i think kirby even has a 96?? on the lobe) But anyway The Lumpier it sounds and the less vacum. For things lIke Power Brakes. All blower,turbo NOs Motors all like the 110-114 profiles and Noramly Them type of profiles also have the Better Low to mid range Power & tork. To where as the Other Profiles Are more for The Mid To HIGHer rpm power bands.
hope this Helps give you a better idea crockett
}[oooooo]

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
'
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
'
Hey Twisted6,

I asked Hank for clarification because I thought he was running a Paxton on his Camaro . . . but he may have another project (normally aspirated) going on too.

He was asking about a lobe center of 114 degrees,isn't that pushing it a bit as far as potential detonation goes on a Supercharged motor ? You could probably get away with that with an intercooler (aftercooler) I suppose, but I don't recall him saying his Paxton set-up was using an intercooler.

Let me clarify here that I'm not being critical or Hank or argumentitive with you . . . .

I just thought that I understood that you really didn't want to go much over 110 degrees on a Supercharged motor because of increased cylinder pressure and tempurature when the Blower is already creating more of both.

If your correct, and there is only minimal risk, then I will think about penciling in a different cam on my build sheet too! . . . . . . .

If Hank isn't talking about his Supercharged motor then the 114 degree seperation may not a cause for concern for his application.

'Crockett

'Crockett
M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M
Right now, the cam I am running has 238 duration intake 248 exhaust duration @ .050. Lift is around .585
If I run a tight lobe center cam the engine will not produce as much boost & will blow it out the exhaust.Cams w/a wide lobe center generally have a broader power band. My engine likes to go to 7000+ RPM, but the Paxton cannot RPM that high with the pulley set-up I have.Generally w/blower & turbo cams you would want a wider lobe center. You will get a smoother idle ,it will cover up alot of duration to a point, mine still sounds pretty rumpity though. You will get more cylinder pressure w/a wider lobe center, but that does not equate to detonation. It's all about cylinder pressure. You really need to aquire a good quench area to suppress detonation. On my normally aspirated 250 I had 220-230 cranking compression 12-1. & ran on 92 octane w/no detonation. I had a positive piston deck height of about .0015- .003 . I do not have an intercooler, I know it would help, I just never got around to it, + I was never satisfied w/only making 9-10 lbs of boost pressure. And cams w/110 lobe center are pretty good nitrous cams. Look in different cam manufactures listing blower grinds, for the most part they run wider lobe center cams, & with small B&M, Weiand, etc those are smaller blowers & they recogmend wider lobe center cams. If you run a tight lobe center cam, you will not get the boost you were hoping for. Goodluck, it's late here gotta go.c-ya I'm sure there's some misspells :-)

12 port SDS EFI

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available