Print Thread
Rate Thread
#24915 03/29/05 04:02 PM
E
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
E
I have started looking for a reasonably priced overhaul kit for my 302, and am amazed at the prices. Perhaps if we find a reasonably priced supplier and get together we can reduce the price.

Has anyone found a reasonably priced supplier that is still in business?

Thanks,

Ed Pruss
Longmont, CO

#24916 03/29/05 08:56 PM
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
Over the past 17 years i have acquired many NOS and used GMC parts from a variety of sources, including ads in the 12-Port News and Hemmings Motor News. i have found Memphis Equipment Company to be an excellent source of NOS essential parts, including camshaft cores, connecting rods, and oil pumps.

What is "reasonable" depends on the nature of the part and its general availability. New parts of good quality are, predictably, fairly expensive. It has taken me a long time to assemble everything needed to build one 302. We are not a mass market, and in general those who sell these pieces know what they have. It takes time, if one is not rich. Haste can be verrry expensive, in more ways than one. Patience is an asset. Inevitably, there are details toward the end that drive up the cost of the project. i have not added everything up, and never will. i hope, rather, to enjoy what i have. i'm only old once.

God's Peace to you.

d

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave
6,788 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available