Print Thread
Rate Thread
#29139 10/01/07 06:47 PM
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
Does anyone have expirience from a triple Weber setup (sidedraft 45/48/50/55 carbs)

What will work and what will not,I do have used them on 4 cylinder engines such as Volvo 2.0 liters (2X45's & 2X48*s)but know I'm kind of curios on how they will work on my AMC 6.

Regards : Speed-Swede

Ps; Bad zpelling Yu think - Well I'm Swedish \:\) ;Ds

Str8-6 Hell Yeah
D
D Offline
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
D
They will work wonderful. IR set ups need to be big.
D

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
I'm using 3-45DCOE Webers on my 292 powered street rod. They are working great even though I need to sort them out some more.

Will6er

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
45's will work fine.
Try & get ones that have more transition holes in them,makes them more streetable,& more than just on/off throttle.

It will make the most power everywhere compared to any four barrel setup.

The next step better would be fuel injection.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
Thanx for the replies,been doin some research during the work-day,and made some calls(plenty of time to spend when You are a truckdriver...)

Found the number and made a call to an guy who been into Webers for 25 years,and he had all the facts and figures to put me in the right direction,but he didn't have that much expirience of 4 liter engines but he promised to take a look at it and then he can calculate what jets and so on that will be the best for my engine.

So now it's time to make some casting-plugs for an intake and get them over to a friend who will cast them for me in his gárage (his wife really loves the smell of burning diesel and melting alloy creeping in to the house every other night...)cool guy that friend,learned to cast aluminium by himself at home and also build the things he needs to do it himself.

-Hank: had my mind on fuel injection for a while but I think that it won't blend in with the style of my car,too modern for both me and the roadster...

Regards : Hans "Speed-Swede In-Middle-of-Sweden"

Str8-6 Hell Yeah
D
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
D
TWM Induction in Goleta Calif. makes throttle bodies that bolt on in place of Weber DCOE's. My long range plans for my Hudson include these.

Dany
41 Hudson coupe with a 353 CID Hudson flathead 6.
Has run a best ET of 14.66 at LACR. Using two Holley 2300 series 500cfm carbs now.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available