Rate Thread
E
Edy Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
E
Guys

I´m about to order custom JE pistons, and i´m thinking about the rings... there are available two options. JE (pro seal rings) and Total Seal rings (Gapless), anyone has tried JE rings? or the best choice is the gapless from Total seal?

Edy

D
D Offline
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
D
I have used a lot of total seal rings. In race cars they are great but ne has to be careful because ifthe increased vacum with crank venting devces. I have sed a couple of sets on the stret and not real thrilled with them. Not from a power or blowby thing but they seel so well te engine will simetimes pull in oil when shut off. No a lot just enough to be annoying. I now use Hasting moly in all my street engines. With toal seal you a can shut aht motor off and go back in 5 minustes and still ear ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss as the cylinder pressures try to balance themselves.
I did not ec xpect this but as i age i have come to make the decision not to use them in that aplication. Total seal by the way also makes excellant conventional rings.

B
Contributor
Contributor
B
not to change the subject but what did those JE pistons run you ?
bob

I BELIEVE IN " JOHN 3:16 "
E
Edy Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
E
D

my application will be a Top speed car. something like 800-900HP. not a everyday car, just for weekend road racing! do you think thar total seal are ok to my application?

Edy

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available