I finally finished up the AC on my '67 GMC. It's primarily a Automatic Climate Control system from a '87 Lincoln Mark VII. The compressor is a Sanden 508 from a VW Jetta. A Chrysler LHS parallel flow condenser, two Cadillac electric fans and a Honda fan switch for one of the fans. The other fan runs all the time at the moment with the AC on. I had to make some changes to the dash to fit the AC digital control so I took out the ash tray and replaced it with a cup holder from a Toyotal. Those jap cars are good for something after all.
Yesterday it was about 90 deg and I was running down the road at 70 with the windows up. Driving that truck without my arm hanging out the window feels weird. Around town with the window down and the AC on still felt comfortable, just no wind noise. It doesn't make much difference at this point because there isn't much by way of door or window rubber. No clutch rod boot and the steering column boot doesn't seal well.
During the planning and fabrication of this project, I was planning and expecting to have to upgrade the alternator. It still has the original 34 Amp external regulated 10DN. Even with all the playing around while I was putting in the R134. it has not missed a lick.
Earlier today I checked the battery voltage before I started it. 12.6V
After running a few minutes, idling at 600, AC on, headlights on, it read 12.9-13.0V. With the throttle on a high idle step, about 1100, it was reading 14.0 volts. The AC runs all the time even when the heat is on, which it was, but not working very hard at the time. The factory amp gauge is reading only slightly higher than what used to be normal. There are no markings on those gauges. A saddle gauge at the battery wire read a little over 25 Amps.
For the moment, I plan on leaving it as it is.
Quick Start makes an 80Amp upgrade kit for the 10DN alternator. I think I'll get one of those ordered. I'm not going to put it in just yet to see how things go. If it got hot enough for the second fan to kick on and if I hook a trailer up to the Tekonsha elec trailer brake controller I have on there, I might just find the limit.

For all the nay-sayers, a 200 Amp Alt isn't going to run any cooler because 25 Amps will produce the same amount of heat and my regulator is in a cool spot and not adding heat to the Alt.

'67 GMC 3/4 292 4spd