Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
N
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
N
The only rod shop i know about locally is wolfman's in downtown Kissimmee, and I was wondering if there are any other shops around that could help the body and paint on my nova.

my doors are unaligned but i've been told a 100 times it's an easy fix that I could do, I just can't seem to find the time to do so. Though i did realign one of them myself, lol.

J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Dear N-75;

Doors (generaly) have 2-3 adjustment/alignment points.

First; Is the hinge post straight, or has it been hit?? How about the stricker post??
If not; are the hinges okay??

Also; "alignment" is when the door doesn't fit in the opening for it. Is this the problem you have??

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon
N
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
N
yeah 3 of my four doors are out of place one way or another (i aligned one myself by taking out the hinges and moving them back maybe 2 cm or so). my front door doesnt hang right from the top hinge, and my passenger and rear driver side door have the bottom half of the door hanging out over the edge maybe 2 cm as well. it's hard for me to describe i wish my camera was working so i could just take pics.

J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Was this vehicle in a major collision or has someone put different doors on it??
How are the hinge/striker posts??
Is the frame straight??

You may need a replacement top hinge on your "drivers door" as: It's used the most. I replaced mine (74 Impala) which is a similar design. Check the 'pivot pin' on it.

Having to re-align all 4 doors is rare unless the vehicle has been 'wrecked/abused' etc. Perhaps Micky Mouse was there before you got it.

Either way, you don't need a "Rod Shop" for this. Simply; go to Body Shops in your area & get (free) estimates, is all.

Happy trails. \:\)

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon
N
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
N
yeah im just iffy around my part of town because so many tuner shops for hondas and such are here and i dont trust their judgement on older models like mine.

the frame is straight.

i forgot to mention that my trunk leaks bad. one day i caught about 2 inches of still water in it, had to air it out for a few hours to let it evaporate.

N
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
N
i tested it using a water hose but couldnt find any leaks. it is impossible for water to come up from the bottom but it's some kind of annoying phenoma lol. how complicated does it get to take off the rear glass?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Also check the Tail light area and side marker lights. They have gaskets behind them.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
N
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
N
yeah we know the tailights are the culprit for some of the water leakage. we're in the process of molding in a new frame then customizing a gasket and housing for the bulbs

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available