Print Thread
Rate Thread
#32390 08/16/04 12:47 PM
D
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
D
i see that Jack is happily floating through the pits at Speed Heaven in Utah, where--we may hope--it is not raining. i have been wondering about those Florida Inliners who remained in the path of Hurricane Charley. From the reports i see, power is still out and a major cleanup is underway as far inland as Orlando and Winter Park. Has anyone heard from Larry Page and other Inliners in that vicinity?

God's Peace to you.

d

#32391 08/16/04 08:17 PM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm Here and Kicking I road the storm out and Here I am GUYs. Trailer next door to me and about 3 others did not far so well But familys are fine. Still cutting & cleaning up . Just got power & water back today.

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE Trying to call and the Emails I got with concerns.

Ps next Time I may rethink Riding the next one.
I'll stay with drag Car MUCH Smarter & Safer. No Rollcage int his MobleHome. I also spoke with Gary Riccico He is Fine as well.

Again BIG Thanks GUYs& GALs }[oooooo]

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
#32392 08/22/04 05:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was pretty ugly here for a while, and still is for many unfortunate souls here in Florida. I left for Bonneville the day before Charley was due to hit, and was due to return last Wednesday. When I found that power was still out in Winter Park, and not expected to be back before the weekend, I did what any gearhead would do - changed my return flight and stayed an extra two days \:\)

Sure enough, when I returned Saturday AM, there was no power, no A/C, no cold beer \:\( ...but a crew from Tennessee was by today, patched a broken line in my back yard, and now I'm chillin again.

We didn't have the devastation that hit coastal Florida, but it was bad enough, with hundreds of huge oak trees uprooted and many homes damaged. I was lucky in losing only an avocado tree and a few shingles off my roof, and my swimming pool is now a tadpole breeding pond.

Once I get all my Bonneville pictures sorted out, I'll post a special page here and the Nov/Dec 12 Port News will have lots more, with all the new records and behind-the-scenes drama -and believe me, there was plenty!

Thanks to everyone who has called and E-mailed with concern over us Florida Crackers. And God Bless the power crews who have been working around the clock to get power back to us down here.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 374 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available