Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
52er Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
I put together a neat set of triple carbs on a modified Chrysler flat six intake---they work great----except they leak around the glass bowl. I did notice that the gaskets for the bowl were not the cork style used on them originally. The gasket set was from GP Sorenson--what kind of gasket set did you use? Does anyone have a solution? Are the bowl gasket avaliable seperately? Want to run these carbs, they look so cool!!! Need solution---help!! Thanks 52er

One should live as if you sold the family parrot to the town gossip....Will Rogers
52er Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Found that the gaskets for the fuel bowl are bad--when you squeeze the gasket fuel comes out--the rest in the kit seem OK. Did find some cork gaskets, I think this will solve the leak....Thanks

One should live as if you sold the family parrot to the town gossip....Will Rogers
T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
What is or was source for the cork gaskets and did they solve the leak? \:\) \:\) \:\)

Home of the "Texas Beast" Cummins Turbo Diesel powered 1949 Chevrolet One Ton Pick-up and numerous other trucks, cars & mosikles. Inliners # 1564
52er Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
The gaskets haven`t come yet--should be here this week. Between a buddy and myself we need five gaskets. He had the same kits and had the leak first. He cut some gaskets from the cork-rubber material and hasn`t had them leak for about a week ---so far so good. The ones I will be getting are all cork. Forgot where I got them, but he had nine left and I bought them all. After we share what we got I will keep the rest for spares. I think I got them from the carb doc or carb king??---the guys name was Rusty.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 26 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available