Print Thread
Rate Thread
#36549 07/09/05 12:40 AM
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
The August issue of Mopar Muscle magazine has a nice artice on The Hemi down under.It is a nice long article with some good info and a few photos.Check it out.

O
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
O
Alot other good Hemi info out there too on assorted Aussie sights...
I have abit of first hand info too if any one is curious.. (ported head, 5 speed swap,etc,etc.. and soon to come with forced induction)

R
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
R
I understand that aftermarket heads are not unknown and that a nice one might be about to appear on the scene.

T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
I think Hot Rod also covered this motor a month ago, maybe it was another publication. The article showed a new alloy head from an Australian company but offered no specifics.

O
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
O
An alloy head has been on the market for a couple years.. the company that was making it contacted me ages ago if I was interested in one. I just could not justify the enormous cost though, and got a fully ported iron head instead.

BTW.. my Pro-Charger project is coming along too.. should have the motor plate CNC machined in the next month or two and the mock up started hopefully !

X
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
X
OzHemi, you must be Jeff? You know my friend Chris F. in Florida. He has a bunch of Aussie Falcons. I have an XA Falcon Coupe and I just shipped over a EFI alloy headed X-flow 4.1 Ford motor. He may have mentioned that I'm always on the look out for a stateside Aussie Charger...specifically one that the owner has lost interest in.

BTW, who made your rack & pinion conversion? Not RRS was it?

The alloy Hemi head is made by CHI. They produce some amazing products. Their alloy Ford 351C head was used on the John Kaase built motor that won the 2004 PHR Engine Masters Challenge. 410ci making right at 600hp on 93 octane pump gas and a single 4bbl carb. I've heard from some of my Aussie and Kiwi friends that their Hemi head is pretty nasty.

O
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
O
Yes, that's me!
I have talked to Chris in the past, yep... cool deal. I am heading to Oz in a week or two actually and have a container or 2 to load, and am going to send a few of the alloy headed Ford engines over as well, had a few local people asking about them. (along with vehicles,bunch other engines, Charger parts,etc,etc)

I just bought a Charger to bring over and already have taken a deposit on it, plus have an order for another so will round up another while there too... don't know of any here for sale at the moment though.

On my rack setup.. I have never heard of RRS ? The modified crossmember of mine came from Paul Norris, then I modified the steering column myself and added the Holden rack... works and drives perfectly.

I have heard of those Ford Clevo heads..yes... A mate of my mate does the engraving on them actually.

I have a fully ported iron head for my Hemi, and just can't justify the cost of the alloy one for the flow compared to what I have already, nice piece though I reckon..

R
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
R
I've finally purchased me a genuine Mopar... a 1969 Australian Valiant 4-door sedan, known by the model code 'VG'.

It's got the locally made Hemi 6 in it, this one being a 245. The car was in danger of being crushed and I bought it so I'd be able to sort out how to use the small block V8 bellhousing to mount an A833 gearbox to a Hemi. It being the case that I do lots of miles, having another car is no real problem to me.

Here's the engine as I saw it the day I paid the guy for the car, I don't pick it up for a couple more weeks:

It's been fitted with a 350 Holley, otherwise it's standard. I'll be running it on LPG before too long.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available