Print Thread
Rate Thread
#36636 12/29/05 10:34 PM
O
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
O
hey guys, I'm new to the sight but I've been around inlines for a while now. My question was I pulled the engine out of my 1950 Dodge business coupe and I can not seem to pull apart the engine from the transmission. I have done just about everything I know to do. It seems to be internal. Does anyone know what I am talkng about.
I also wanted to know if anyone knows a good place to go for a rebuild kit for these old flathead sixes.
Thanks guys,
Mike

#36637 01/01/06 07:57 AM
R
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
R
 Quote:
Originally posted by OCTRASH13
hey guys, I'm new to the sight but I've been around inlines for a while now. My question was I pulled the engine out of my 1950 Dodge business coupe and I can not seem to pull apart the engine from the transmission. I have done just about everything I know to do. It seems to be internal. Does anyone know what I am talkng about?
While I've personally not struck the problem, I think there is very few likely causes.

First... are you pulling the gearbox bellhousing and all? Or just the gearbox?

Assuming you have satisfied yourself that everything is undone, then I'd think it is possible that the spigot on the front of the input shaft is scored and holding on inside the back of the crankshaft.

It should come out with the right application of carefully applied brute force. Make sure you apply the force in such a way that it doesn't twist and you should get it.

Can you, by the way, undo the pressure plate as things stand? This could help if I'm not right and if (perhaps) it's something holding on the spline in the clutch plate.

#36638 01/02/06 02:28 PM
Contributor
Contributor
Vintage Power Wagons and Kanter Auto Parts also have everything you need.

There's a list of suppliers that I used for my engine on my site, click the link in my signature to check it out.

Pete

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available