Print Thread
Rate Thread
#36811 08/12/06 12:05 AM
R
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
R
Hi, I'm Marty, and I'm building a '55 Plymouth Savoy with original 230 and 3 speed. Its lowered, skirts, wide whites, nosed and decked, but with a Buick "bullet thru ring" ornament to go on the hood. I've refloored and replaced the rockers, welded new metal in all four doors, completely undersealed and painted underneath, complete rewire, new door panels, and is currently in primer. The motor is out, it ran OK, but I want to freshen it up with new rings, bearings, clutch, gaskets, three new valves, etc. I've got a complete rubber door and trunk seal kit to go on soon. I play doghouse bass in a rockabilly band, as well as freelancing in other genres. Im an old fart at 59, and a hotrodder from way back.

#36812 08/12/06 03:47 AM
O
Contributor
Contributor
O
Welcome Marty, Sounds like a nice ride! You've come to the right place, everyone here learns from each other and collectively everyone teaches us a great deal in return. P.S.; Theres a lot of us old poops here as well as some really on top of it 'young-uns'. Best of both worlds.

Jerry....I.I.# 3540
'27 T Nostalgia roadster
#36813 08/12/06 10:10 AM
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
glad to see you 'young fellows' taking an interest in old flathead MOPARS! as a 66 year old, died in the wool Inliner, i can tell you that nothing sounds better with a set of dual exhaust/split manifold/ glass packs on a sweet-running flathead six! you might want to contact don coatney, he's an Inliner MOPAR nut and has a great site to view his projects. hope you send in some photos when you've got your car finished, rockabilly!

Lord, let me live long enough to do all the projects I have planned!

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 26 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available