Rate Thread
#36982 02/06/07 01:28 PM
D
Dennis Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
D
Anyone know if the coolant distribution tubes, that go in a flathead MOPAR, behind the water pump, is available anywhere? A guy I know is rebuilding a 230 and was about to put his engine together without the tube. It's been lost and he said he didn't think it was needed. I think it is critical to prevent overheating. Can anyone comment? He said he was unable to find a new tube around here.

--------------------
Dennis

Lord, let me live long enough to do all the projects I have planned!
B
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
B
 Quote:
Originally posted by Dennis:
Anyone know if the coolant distribution tubes, that go in a flathead MOPAR, behind the water pump, is available anywhere? A guy I know is rebuilding a 230 and was about to put his engine together without the tube. It's been lost and he said he didn't think it was needed. I think it is critical to prevent overheating. Can anyone comment? He said he was unable to find a new tube around here.

--------------------
Dennis

glasspaks.
B
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
B
Dennis,
you are quite right, the water distribution tube is a key component to ensure even cooling around the valves. Yes they still exist but I couldn't tell you where to locate one in your area. Perhaps " Blueskies " can assist you there.

Cheers
Bob.

glasspaks.
B
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
B
Hi Dennis,
going back aways,.....did you ever come up with
a good carb combination? I tried twin SU side drafts on a home made intake, worked but couldn't keep them in sync long enough. I have an Edmunds
twin carb maniford with two matched B&B Carter carbs but no idea how the linkage is supposed to
work. Do you have any photo's of this kind of set up.
Thanks,
Bob.

glasspaks.
Contributor
Contributor
Andy Bernbaums has them--about $65 bucks....52er

One should live as if you sold the family parrot to the town gossip....Will Rogers
D
Dennis Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
D
Thanks 52er, The guy with the 230 told me this afternoon, that he got a good distribution tube from a junk yard, out of a Industrial Dodge-powered Massey-Ferguson combine....for free!! He was griping about working in the cold, but after i tell him how much a new one costs, he'll be happy! ...thanks

Bob...

I ended up with two of the Carter-Webber carbs from Tom Langdon. I built my own water-heated intake and it really works great. I hardly had to touch the carbs right out of the box....a minor idle air/fuel screw adjustment and idle speed adjustment and haven't touched 'em in over a year. There's a photo of my car and engine in Inliner Rides. If you want a better photo, drop me an e-mail at drhut40@ptd.net and I'll send you one.

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
You never want to run these engines without a water dist tube. The cooling system would nevr be able to "distribute" the water evenly, it would run through, there would be hot spots, namely the valves.Mopar was again building a very good engine with this design, as well as the full pressure oil lubrication system.
As mentioned Bernbaums has them, so does Roberts Motor Parts, they are around $40 at Roberts. Terill machine in Texas also has them , they also rebuild Mopar flatheads, with expertise..............47 man

47 CHRYSLER COMIN CRUISIN TO A NEIGHBOURHOOD LIKE YOURS!!!!!!!
D
Dennis Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
D
Good info, thanks, 47 Coupe.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 39 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available