Print Thread
Rate Thread
#37784 03/01/04 05:55 PM
2WARPT Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
Hey all,

I just replaced a hood hinge on my '59 Chevy Apache with one I scored form a salvage yard. I spent around 2 hours at least trying to get the hood to fit tight on the truck. It is better than it was before I replaced that hinge, but it still sits up too high at the rear of the hood. I played with all the mounting bolts for both hood hinges, I played with the hood to hinge bolts trying to get it to sit on nice...not much luck. I realize that the truck is about 45 years old and who knows what has happened to it during that time. I also have a '65 Ford pickup and the hood on that sits the same way...too high in the back. I haven't tried messing wtih the Ford hood yet. Anybody know any tricks to get the hoods to sit tight on the trucks?
Thanks.
Bob

#37785 03/01/04 10:27 PM
C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
I do not know if your truck is anything like my 54 GMC, but in order for me to get the back of mine to sit down I had to loosen the four inside-the-cab bolts and the out side bolts as well and while holding the hood down on both sides then tighten the inside-the-cab bolts on both sides and that should hold the back of the hood down. Obviously you are going to need a couple of helpers to help you do this. The PO also replaced the hood bolts on my hood hinges with std bolts, but you need to make sure to get the special hood hinge bolts they sell, because they have the correct shoulder on them that makes the hood alignment a lot easier. Hope this helps.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 358 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available