Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
M
I have a 1 bbl Rochester on my 292 that I bought around a year ago. When I slow to a stop my RPMs drop. The harder I slow down, the more the engine speed slows, and if I come to a hard stop the motor dies. It has to be in the carburetor, because I just had the motor rebuilt and drove it for the first time today. I have adjusted the float, but that didn't change anything. Do I have the wrong carburetor, or is there some way I need to set it up differently? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I figure you inline gurus would be the ones to ask!

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
Do you have the Monojet?? It sounds like a problem with the Monojet on my 292. There is a screw on top of the float chamber above were the fuel intake is. You should have about .050 clearence under the head. I also noticed that the later Monojet I have doesn't have that screw at all.

Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever
M
Newcomer
Newcomer
M
Yeah its a Monojet, but its a later one and just has a plug where the idle vent screw you are speaking of should be. I think '69 was the last year the Monojet had an idle vent screw. So I guess the search continues. Thanks for the help though!

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Dunno MXmaniac237 but it sound like a new tight engine to me..drive it for 750 miles and then see if it still does it. Sometimes the oil moving to the front of the pan when stopping can cause a fresh tight one to slow a bit at idle..it is the shallow part of the pan after all..

jb

jeff

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement