Print Thread
Rate Thread
#43895 09/27/08 01:29 PM
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
Made a little movie from last nights street race in mid-Sweden,we does only have 3 dragstrips in the entire country and they are only open for serious class-racing 2-4 times a summer so there is quite a lot off illegal racing going on,thats not something we like to do but it's a fact of life : wanna race? Hit a street at night...

Not that many pushrod inlines in the movie,to be exact there's none but listen to the turbo BMW with nitrous it sounds pretty mean and runs hard... Swedish Streetrace

Be Good : Speed Swede

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Not a fan of street racing. It's been dangerously bad around Philly,PA with the ricers.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
 Originally Posted By: Drew, II # 4211
Not a fan of street racing. It's been dangerously bad around Philly,PA with the ricers.

We do not like it either but here in Sweden there is not an option to go to a local track every other night because there are no tracks.

There is one 120 miles away that You can use for test and tune over 1/8 mile but that is only 5 times during the summer (June - August)

All others are for class racing only and the closest one of these is located in the southern part of Sweden so it's a 500 mile drive to get there just to watch some Dragracing 2 times a year.

There is also one strip at an airfield in the northern part of Sweden,the distance to get there for us in the middle is 1350 miles and they have races 2 times a year,one for streetcars and one for the real racers (Stock - topfuel)

Sometimes a club can get a license to use a closed of street for one day but it takes quite a bit of work to get it and some money too,but these events are very popular and many of those racing illegal usually show up,but in my area there is one race per Year and they have a breakout rule so most racers have to use the brakes over the finish-line so they don't go to fast and get thrown out of the race. "brake-racing" is not that fun...

S
Contributor
Contributor
S
Hahaha. Lol....

"Brake-racing". Folks out there have lots ov imagination, inee?

With the exception of Santa Pod, I've never seen any street race around here.
But back in Brasil, where I came from, we used to do at least 2 times a week illegaly. When the bees(£££) for alcohol(fuel, not drink - we weren't that stupid!) alowed us to do so, obviously. \:\)
Never heard of a single accident in many years draging out on the streets there. By the way, I personally believe that if you enjoy rides you'll take care of yours as much as you can. And this care includes servicing brakes, tyres and many other security items on the vehicle.
For those who not share the same opinion as mine, right, you have the right to choose as well. I'm not neither defensing illegal stuff nor saying it's right to do so, but I don't judge folks who does, cause I've done a lot and still think it's fun.

Nice rides Speed Swede.

Street racing is adrenaline, but try to do it as safe as you can.

Once again for the folks don't like it: I'm not trying to impose nothing here. It's just my opinion...
No waterglass thunderstorms please.

Cheers

250 and 261

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available