Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
I never put these on my truck before my truck clutch went out and I sold truck and bought a 1978 eurospec mercedes with a hemi inline 6 a real screamer. Here is the Ebay auction when I mention them before on board some said they didn't exist well they do. they fit 78-85 chevy and gmc inline six on fullsize trucks and blazers and subs

ebay link for headers

P
Contributor
Contributor
P
I think the confusion is the word - Integral Head. At least half of the trucks sold had the Integral Head. Many of those were later modified by the owner by using the standard head.
The Integral Head has the exhaust manifolds cast with the head so it is all one piece of cast iron.

250 Integrated Head / 1981 C-10 Pick up.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Yep, intake is also part of the casting as well. So if you want to do any performance mods(headers or intake), you have to change to a non-integral head.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
J
Contributor
Contributor
J
Exhaust manifold bolts on. Joe

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Delete!

Last edited by CNC-Dude; 11/27/08 03:07 AM. Reason: link wouldn't show correctly!

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
P
Contributor
Contributor
P
 Originally Posted By: Joe Dial I.I.#1679
Exhaust manifold bolts on. Joe

OK Thanks. The integral head is like the dodo bird. Everybodys heard of it but not many have seen it up close.

I have an integral head but aint overhauled this motor yet. I am glad you told me or I would have thought I broke it.

C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
80chevybeater, where did you get those headers from? I am starting a 292 project for my father's cruiser and the Pacesetter headers that I got, didn't come with the 2-into-1 exhaust tubing. I was hoping to run the single exhaust that I have on there until I make another exhaust.

Chickenbone

E
Contributor
Contributor
E
I would like to provide some info on the integral head I have on my 1979 Chevy 250. The intake manifold is indeed cast into the cylinder head. The carb it uses is a rochester 2SE "Varajet". There are many "models" of this carb which is evidenced by the number of different rebuild kit part numbers. There are several integrated heads. That said, the exhaust manifold bolts up under the intake manifold part of the head. There is a sheet metal gasket that fits between. Aside from serving as a gasket, it also provides a thin barrier to allow the exhaust heat to heat the "floor" of the intake for the "early fuel evaporation" system on this year. Similar as the concept that Mr. Langdon recommends. The exhaust manifold on the engine I have is cast iron and has two flanged outlets to provide dual exhaust, but the exhaust pipes that bolt to the cast iron exhaust manifold, that begin as two pipes is merged into one before it enters the "cat" converter. There is nothing that would prevent you from fabricating a set of pipes that continue individually and remain dual exhausts. However, it is unlikely that you are going to find a set of headers that will bolt up to the underside of the head on an integral head. Those headers in the image in this thread will not bolt up to the intergral head.
Ken

Last edited by El Viejo; 01/20/09 09:50 PM.
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Ken, they do make headers for the integral head. I have seen them at a swap meet. If you look real closely at the angle of the flange in the above photo, those pipes could not go into a stock vehicle if you tried to bolt them onto the side of the head. With that angle, they have to bolt to the bottom of the intake.

Ontario Inliners
1965 Chevelle
1940 Chev
1965 Chev Pick-up
1970 MGB Roadster

P
Contributor
Contributor
P
Did we ever figure out where we can get exhaust manifolds for the integral head? Because I need an exhaust manifold

J
Contributor
Contributor
J
I may have one. Joe

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 438 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available