Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
I've installed a Fenton dual carb intake, with two Rochesters, on a 235 in a '57 Chevrolet sedan. I'm wondering about the best way to run the vacuum line to the distributor. The intake also has a tap for a vacuum line. Never done this before. The way I see it, there are three options:

1. Run the distributor vacuum to one carb, block off vacuum tap to the other carb and block off the intake.

2. Run a T-line to both vacuum taps on the carbs, and then run that to the distributor and block off the intake.

3. Block off both carb vacuum taps and run the distributor vacuum to the intake.

Still working on choke linkage for both carbs, and wondering how the heck I'm going to get a breather to fit under the hood! (grin)

G
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
G
Option #1 would be correct.

The tap on the manifold was intended for vac wipers...

As for air cleaners, if you were to switch to some Ford Holley 1bbls from a 223, then you would have plenty of clearance as they are nearly half as tall...

It's my understanding that if you use the thick base gasket and no heat spacer, those cheap 4" chrome cleaners should fit.
Thare is a 1960 car in the area around here that made some air cleaners that hung off the side, similar to what the factory did for some years. Didn't look like they would help with performance, but at least they fit.

I.I. #3174
D
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
Thanks! I thought as much... keep forgetting about those old vacuum wipers. I think I'll add a nipple instead of a blockoff... probably be adding a power brake booster next.

C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
 Originally Posted By: DeepSouthRick
Still working on choke linkage for both carbs, and wondering how the heck I'm going to get a breather to fit under the hood! (grin)

I have the choke plate wired open on the front carb and the cable going to the rear one only. Doesn't need much choke with a second carb.

1952 Chev 1300 Cdn. ½ ton

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave
6,788 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available