Rate Thread
#51426 07/29/09 10:42 PM
J
joel Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
Question" I am adding power steering to my 250 (Chevy C/10). I am going to need the belt to go on something huh, question is where can a find a two groove power steering pulley? Or if i am looking in the bone yard what vehicles could i pull it from. Last question, if looking for an HEI, what motor should i pull it from? v-6 of inline 6? Thanks

joel #51432 07/29/09 11:32 PM
G
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
G
Get the HEI from an inline 6, I prefer the later 70's and 80's HEI's with coil in cap. 75-76 and up cars and trucks with the 250 or 292 will have HEI's the only difference is if the ignition coil is built into the cap or a ignition coil that bolts to the engine block almost like the old points coils.

Do you mean you need a 2 groove pulley for the water pump or for the actual power steering pump? If it's the water pump pulley you need I am almost positive a small block chevy water pump pulley has the same back spacing and will work for you.

If your scrounging around the junk yards is there any chance you could keep on eye out for a power steering setup? I am looking for all the brackets and pump to convert my 250 to power steering.

Hope this all helps!

J
joel Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
Thanks Guitargoalie, The brackets are a pain in the rear to find, I think i have found a water pump pulley on ebay. But i may try th Junkyard, it maybe cheaper. Now i have seen several power steerin on the V-8s but no sixers, i have been thinking about taking the brackets i have my fab man and sell them. Have you tried Car-part.com?

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available