Print Thread
Rate Thread
#51674 08/14/09 12:50 AM
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
Found a wrecking yard with an '06 Envoy 4.2 that they haven't removed from the vehicle yet. It apparently was totaled due to an interior fire. I'm looking at buying the engine, trans, front drive with all accesories, ECM and harness. Sounds good for $1600. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Any suggestions on what to watch for?

'54 Chev Sedan Delivery
'56 Ford F-100
'57 Ford F-100
'71 Chev C10 Pickup
'76 HD
E
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
E
If its a 2006 (better head etc) it will have an aluminum valve cover. Plastic == early head.

Try and get the fuel tank/pump and as much of the fuel line that is intact. Also try and get the front 18" of exhaust pipe upto the converter - the front flange is not serviced separately. That is unless you are planning on getting headers for it.

The electrical harness feeds through the fire wall from the interior and is connected to the underside of the engine bay mounted fuse box with a bolt. Get as much of the harness that is not burnt. Also the electric gas pedal and connector if its not melted.

Are you putting it into a 4x4? If not try and swap the front diff for the stuff above. If your going 2wd in its new home - you will need the transmission bellhousing from the TB - but a RWD transmission from a RWD truck - 2006 up is better. Swap the bellhousing from the TB onto the RWD one and your good. You will need a special bit to get the bellhousing off ITS NOT A TORX - its called an IP-50 from snapon. Your welcome to message me on any questions.

Last edited by efi-diy; 08/14/09 02:22 AM.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available