Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
P
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
P
Hey Guys, I have a simple question (I hope). I'm about to torque down a new head on my 292 and I can't remember what I need to seal on the threads. I know that they run into the water jacket and that they need something to seal them but I can't remember what we used last time. I also know that I'm NOT supposed to grease the head bolts. Sorry for the hinky question but I'm just suffering from temporary brain flatulence here and thought I'd consult the pros. -Doc

Last edited by PedalDoctor; 08/30/09 08:44 PM.

"All too often the difference between success and failure is doing something right and doing something nearly right."
L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
I always put a drop of oil under the head bolt, cuts the friction when torquing.

I use Permatex Aviation Form A Gasket. There are more choices and they will be here in a few.

LG

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever
P
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
P
Thanks LG. I just found the Permatex Aviation that I used last time. I also add a drop of oil under the head of the bolt but not on the threads. Many thanks again, you've been a great help & that's why I keep coming back to Inliners!

-Doc

"All too often the difference between success and failure is doing something right and doing something nearly right."

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available