Rate Thread
#53317 11/09/09 09:05 PM
C
Cabbie Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
C
I have been reciently working on a 1920 Seagrave firetruck with the Livermore Heritage Guild. We are currently looking for an experianced person to do the gold leafing, and pinstriping. Does anyone know somebody in the San Francisco, Ca Bay area that has these skills?

Thanks,
Dan

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
There are probably several people in the Bay Area that can do that but my recommendation would be Art Himsil from Concord. I know that although he was already one of the most talented custom painters around he took classes at the California College of Arts and Crafts in Oakland to learn gold leaf. That was in the 60s. The other end of College Avenue from Berkley, we learned other stuff as well.

Tom

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
C
Cabbie Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
C
Thanks Tom! I called Art today, and he said he is very busy, but gave me contact info for Basil Platt. I did a little research, and saw that he is very talented, and well known as well. We are going to meet this saturday to talk numbers.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Glad to be of some help. There is so much talent down there I knew you'd find someone. My son does pinstriping but that fire truck stuff is it's own style. Gold leaf is magic! Tom

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
I know this is not in your area but you should check out bob bond.he's done it for 30 yrs. look up bobbondart.com,hope this helps you.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 348 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available