Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#53483 11/16/09 11:40 PM
52er Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Does anybody have the exact measurement on the output shaft where the gear has to be moved to? I know a hole has to be drilled for the clip. Measuring a S-10 shaft should give the correct location for the conversion.....Thanks....Lee

One should live as if you sold the family parrot to the town gossip....Will Rogers
G
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
G
If you put the tailhousing on, you can then use the speedo hole to help mark where the center of the gear needs to be.

Bigger problem is that when using the Camaro tailshaft, the diameter of the shaft isn't right and the gear needs to be shimmed. Several ways to do this, both in our tech tips section and on the HAMB, but the right way to do this conversion is with an S10 tailshaft. It needs to be from the same class of transmission, and if it had an electric speedo, then redo the hole for the gear clip.

I.I. #3174
52er Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
I know all about the conversion---if one has the correct measurement of a S-10 shaft from the end to the hole made for for the clip, you then can measure the old shaft and have the new hole right on---just makes it easier if someone knows that measurement...thanks.....Lee

One should live as if you sold the family parrot to the town gossip....Will Rogers

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available